By Julius Kezy
Tragedy stroke in Kadarko village in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State as a pregnant woman including her two children died of suspected food poison on Saturday.
Elanza News reports that the father of the house, a serving police officer is also in critical condition.
A resident said the three members of the family died as a result of taking boiled dried kenaff leaves (Rama) which was prepared as dinner on friday night.
Leader of the clan, Mr Bodam Mallam confirmed the incident to Elanza News.
He said the deceased members of the family took the leaves and slept only to start purging the following day.
“They were rushed to the hospital where they gave up the ghosts,” he said.
Meanwhile, the husband to the woman, Inspector Peter Dauda is still receiving treatment at the Sir Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa hospital, Kafanchan, it was gathered.
When contacted, the administrator of Kaura local government, Mr Zitung Basahuwa Agog said staff of the health department have since wade into the matter with a view to unravelling the mystery behind the incident.