Kaduna Under Siege, Several People Killed, Monarch, Wife Kidnapped

Over 100 people have been killed in Kasuwan Magani, an outskirts of Kaduna in the last three days with the Paramount ruler of the Adara Chiefdom, His Royal Highness, Dr Maiwada Raphael Galadima kidnapped.
Kaduna State has been turned to a killing field following a a disagreement that started in a market.
Over 50 well armed gunmen had a successful operation around Makyali area, killing many Nigerians including the police orderly of the chief of Adara, Sarkin Dogarai and two others.
Adara 2

This came less than 24 hours after the fragile peace in Kasuwan Magani in Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna state was shattered, with the no fewer than 100 people killed according to locals.
The government confirmed 55 people were killed.
The paramount ruler of the Adara Chiefdom and the Agom Adara, His Royal Highness Dr Maiwada Raphael Galadima, was abducted on friday along with his wife by bandits numbering no less than 50.
The bandits also killed his police orderly, Isuwa Simon, and three of his palace guards that were in his convoy.
According to an eyewitness, a close confidant of the paramount ruler who pleaded anonymity, the abduction of the first class chief took place few minutes after 5pm on Friday at Makyali village after Kasuwan Magani.
“The chief was in the convoy of Governor Nasir el-Rufai who had visited Kasuwan Magani to commiserate with the people over the unfortunate violence that claimed several lives. After the visit, he continued with his journey to Kachia. Our convoy came under heavy attack as the forest came under the rattling shootings from various directions.
“We were all confused as the convoy came to a halt. From the forest, bandits numbering no less than 50 surrounded the chief’s jeep. The first persons to be murdered was the police orderly after been pulled out of the car and shot at close range.
“They all asked us to lie down and I heard someone said, ‘this is him.’ I was asked to get up and follow the chief as they forced him and his wife to the bush. Some of the bandits were shouting, ‘Your money’ at those lying down. I was not ordered to bring out money, but was asked to keep walking into the bush behind the chief and his wife who were a bit far from me.
“After walking for some minutes into the bush, I was directed to lie down. Then, sporadic shootings took over the entire area for minutes. Then, after a while the shooting stopped. I got up and saw they had all disappeared. I raised my hands in surrender and walked back to the road where I discovered that three of the palace guards had been shot,” recounted the eyewitness.
One of the drivers in the chief’s convoy told this reporter that the operation lasted less than seven minutes.
Agwom Adara 2
“Immediately the bandits brought the convoy to a stop and killed the police orderly, they whisked away the Agom Adara into the bush with his wife and other person. I did not see the way and manner the palace guards were shot, as we were all ordered to lie face down. One of them asked me for money, I pointed at my pockets and he tore into my pocket to get the entire money out. It was a horrible scene and I pray that God will never allow me witness such horrifying sight. May God save our chief and his wife,” the driver who pleaded anonymity prayed.
At the Kachia police station where the police orderly was working before his eventual transfer to serve the Agom Adara, it was all tears and sobbing by his colleagues. They bemoaned the tragedy that has befallen one of them.
“I saw him this morning on a commercial bike and he waved at me and said he was on his way to Kaduna. I never knew that would be the last time I will ever see him. He suffered the cruelest of death in the hands of these bandits who were merciless and brutal. After breaking his skull, they shot at his tummy and seized his service pistol. His blood was gushing out and the scene of his murder is traumatic. Now his wife, who is not working, is left all alone to take care of four little children who are still in primary school. Where will the poor widow go to now?” asked one of his colleagues.
The combined team of the military and police averted yet another breakdown of law as they demobilised a youth group at Doka that had mounted a barricade to protest the abduction of their monarch and the killings of his orderly and palace guards. Three of the youths who sustained injuries were rushed to an undisclosed health facility for medical attention.
Agwon Adara



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *