Economic Plan Will Be Dead On Arrival If Pursued Like Anti-Corruption War – Makarfi’s PDP

The Sen Ahmed Makarfi – led Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday
said the recently launched economic recovery and growth plan by the
federal government will be dead on arrival if it is pursued with the
same commitment as the fight against corruption.

While they welcome the launch of the plan, the party however added
they have been vindicated over their position that the APC-led
government had no concrete economic blueprint upon assumption of
office in 2015.
All Progressives Congress (APC) led federal government had last
Wednesday, launched the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan at the State
House, Abuja.

However, a statement by the national publicity secretary, PDP – NCC,
Prince Dayo Adeyeye, said “the launch of the recovery and growth plan
after almost two years into this administration coupled with a year of
economic recession has once again vindicated us and affirmed our
earlier assertion that the All Progressive Congress (APC) led
government came into office in May 2015 with no concrete economic
blueprint and totally unprepared for governance.

“It is on record that we alerted the nation after the 2015 general
elections on the empty promises of the APC and cautioned the party to
concentrate on governance. The blackmail and blame-game by the APC was
and still is a cover up for its obvious lack of plan. Instead, the APC
ran our economy into recession after wasting two years witch-hunting
PDP members and perceived enemies of the government without paying
attention and building on the robust achievements of the PDP.
Nigerians can testify to the hardship, pains, starvation, hunger and
agony inflicted on the people by the ineptitude of the APC
administration.

“The Recovery and Growth Plan is a proposal which requires
implementation but we are worried because of the comments of President
Muhammadu Buhari during the launch when he said “…I want to assure all
Nigerians that we are approaching the solution to our economic
challenges with the same will and commitment we have demonstrated in
the fight against corruption, terrorism and militancy”. It is
therefore instructive to note that if the economic recovery plan will
follow the way of the anti-corruption war so far, then, the plan
document is dead on arrival.
“In view of the above, we want to remind Nigerians that the
anti-corruption war of President Muhammadu Buhari’s APC led Government
has failed based on the following:

“i. The APC led Administration has secured only one conviction since
it started the anti-corruption fight in the last two years;

“ii. The EFCC is yet to open its case against Col. Sambo Dasuki after
his arrest and detention about 2 years ago;

“iii. No single case is before any court of competent jurisdiction in
Nigeria against Alison Dieziani Maduekwe after the entire allegation
leveled against her by this administration;
“iv. The federal high court in the last 72 hours has unfrozen the
account of the former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan and dismissed
the “No Case Submission” made by Chief Orubebe, Barr. Ozhekome and
Justice Ademola and others which shows the cases were more for
propaganda effect than substance.

“v. Similarly, unwarranted freezing of accounts of other persons by
the EFCC have also been reversed by competent courts;
“vi. Several courts of competent jurisdiction have granted bails to a
number of individuals being held by security agencies on corruption
issues but the APC led government is yet to obey such court orders;

“vii. While other Nigerians are suffering undue persecution by the APC
led administration, the following are yet to answer for various
allegations leveled against them: The chief of staff to the president
(CoS), Abba Kyari; the secretary to the government of the federation
(SGF), Babachir Lawal; the acting chairman of the economic and
financial crimes commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu; the federal
government committee on North-east contract to ghost companies;
alleged allegation against bribery by the minister of transport,
Chibuike
Amaechi and the minister of science and technology, Chief Ogbonnaya
Onuh; and many others (sic). ELANZANEWS.M

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *